Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Solar Cooker Update

Remember that huge fresnel lens. We tested a little bit with it and we were able to light paper towels on fire within a minute. The only problem is that we need a way to keep it up. Originally we were thinking of making a frame but we aren't quite sure exactly how to do that. We then came up with the idea of stacking up cinder blocks so that we could put the lens on that. We could change the amount of cinder blocks on each side to tilt the lens so that the sun will still hit it. I am thinking of taking the lens home this week so that I can test how different angles of the lens will affect how it cooks. We are having a cook out at the end of the school year and we will use the solar cookers to cook the food. I think that it will turn out good but we will have to supervise our lens because if it got slightly off focus it could stop working or burn too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment